If you have a home, you undoubtedly also have a junk drawer. This is where you store all of the random things that don’t have a specific home. It’s generally a mess, and it’s usually difficult to find what you’re looking for. However, did you realize that your junk drawer can be an essential part of your life? If you store the proper stuff in it, your junk drawer can help make your life easier. Every renter should keep ten essential things in their junk drawer!
- A pen and notepad. This appears like a no-brainer, but you’d be shocked how often you need pen and paper. Whether you’re jotting down a phone number or leaving a note for your roommate, having a pen and paper is always helpful.
- A flashlight. A flashlight might prove helpful when the power goes out or when you’re looking for something in a dark environment.
- Batteries. Batteries are necessary for numerous things, from your remote control to your smoke detector. Keep a couple of extra batteries available so you’re never caught without them.
- A screwdriver. A screwdriver is a versatile tool that can be utilized for everything from opening a can of paint to tightening a loose screw. Get one with several different heads in one handle to save space and maximize utility.
- Pliers. Pliers are one more valuable tool that can be utilized for numerous tasks, from gripping something too little to hold onto with your fingers to bending wire.
- Tape. You never know when you’ll need tape, so it’s always best to have some nearby. From packing up a box to repairing a ripped piece of clothing, tape is always essential.
- Superglue. Superglue can be used to fix everything from a broken plate to a ripped book cover. Choose the little or single-use packages of super glue to prevent waste and keep your junk drawer neat.
- A tape measure. A tape measure is necessary for any junk drawer. Whether you’re hanging pictures or measuring for new furniture, a tape measure will certainly be useful.
- Scissors. Scissors are always handy, whether cutting paper or opening a package. Choose a compact pair of scissors that you can effortlessly be placed in your junk drawer.
- Rubber bands. Rubber bands can be utilized for different activities, from keeping cords organized to bundling up newspapers. They’re also fantastic for keeping your junk drawer organized!
Speaking of organization, remember the most important thing your junk drawer needs – an organizer tray! Even though several junk drawers are messy, it doesn’t need to be that way. An organizer tray (or just a simple divided box) can assist you with keeping your junk drawer organized and your essential items easy to find. If your junk drawer is already a mess, here are a couple of suggestions for organizing your junk drawer – and keeping it that way! – in just a few easy steps.
Now that you understand what belongs in a junk drawer and how to organize it, you have everything you need from day to day right at your fingertips! However, if you feel that your current Queens home is feeling a bit crowded or you are ready for a move, call Real Property Management New York Gold. We offer excellent rental homes available in your area that are perfect for you and your ideal lifestyle.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.