It’s a widely-known fact that when it comes to real estate investing, location matters. And you can’t talk about the location without mentioning your property’s house number. It may appear as though a small detail, but making your rental house’s number both attractive and easy to see is an important part of effective investment property management.
You need prospective tenants to find your property so fast, not to mention the postal service, emergency services personnel, and so on. However, it’s just as important to keep your New York property’s curb appeal high. With a few creative house number ideas, you can easily accomplish both.
- Wooden House Plaque: There are several things that give off the appeal of natural wood. Perhaps this is why it makes for an excellent option for a beautiful and functional house number plaque. Even if you are looking for something classy or rustic, a wooden plaque can give your rental property the high-visibility numbers you need.
- House Number Post: If your rental is surrounded by trees or is situated at a distance from the road, perhaps a house number post would work best. After all, when it comes to house numbers, visibility is key! Innovative ways include a post with a hanging planter or combining your mailbox and house address post into one.
- Rock Decal: If your front landscaping includes one or more large stones – or you’re planning to add one – try using the rock’s face as a surface for your property’s house numbers. You can either paint the numbers on, use a stencil, or attach a weatherproof sign. It’s one option that is both exceptional and functional.
- Raised Planter: Along with landscaping stones, it only takes a little creativity to transform a raised planter box into a house number sign. Try attaching a planter box to some posts at the end of the driveway for good visibility. House numbers that are easy to see are the best for rental properties.
- Illuminated Numbers: For round-the-clock impact, think about adding house numbers that light up. Using acrylic or other materials, it’s easy to place weather-resistant lighting behind each number to make it stand out.
- Tree or Yard Sign: One other easy and appealing option is to hang your property’s house numbers on a large tree or a signpost in the yard. This is a great way to make sure your property is easy to find even if you have foliage blocking the front of the house.
- Front Door Vinyl: If your rental property’s front door is easy to see, why not put the house numbers directly on the door itself? With a few custom vinyl numbers and a door in a darker color, you can use contrast to make your property stand out.
- Curb Stencil: Don’t forget about the tried-and-true house number staple: the curb stencil. Painting your house number on the curb out front can make identifying your property fast and easy. It’s also a simple do-it-yourself project. With some stencils and spray paint, your property’s house numbers will be easy to maintain year after year.
Are you looking for more ways to help draw more prospective renters to your property? Real Property Management New York Gold can help! Contact us online or give us a call at 347-905-5770.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.